Tiramisu is definitely one of my favourites. Not only it is easy to make, it is very tasty too. What can go wrong with mixing coffee and cream?
I found pictures dated back in 2005 where I made the first Tiramisu for Christmas. Since then, it has been my tradition to have it every year….almost! Here are some pictures of Tiramisu I have made recently.
I am quite pleased to see the improvement in the cake presentation.
This is the adapted recipe from Y3K Cookbooks.
1 packet of sponge fingers
75 grams of instant coffee granules
500 ml boiling water
50 ml of Kahlua liqueur
5 egg yolks
250 grams of castor sugar
250 grams of mascarpone cheese
500 grams of whipping cream
1. To make coffee mixture, dissolve instant coffee in boiling water. Mix in Kahlua liqueur after the mixture has cooled down.
2. To make the Tiramisu cream, beat egg yolks and sugar on high speed until soft peaks form. Add in mascarpone cheese and beat on medium speed until well-combined.
3. In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until firm.
4. Fold in whipped cream into no 2.
5. To assemble the cake, dip sponge fingers in coffee mixture. Place in a single layer over the loose-bottomed baking pan.
6. Spread half the tiramisu cream over sponge fingers.
7. Repeat layers with sponge fingers dipped in coffee mixture and tiramisu cream.
8. Refrigerate overnight and decorate as you wish.